Link

Meeting Minutes – December 2019

Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held in The Bromley Green Hall
on Thursday 19th December 2019 at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Cllr P Sillibourne (Chair), Cllr A Beaney, Cllr J Reid, Cllr M Pepper & Cllr A Rylands
PARISH CLERK: Ms C Laming
BOROUGH COUNCILLORS: Cllr L Harman
COUNTY COUNCILLOR:
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC: There were no Member of the Public in attendance.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr T Cliffe-Harrison

APPROVAL OF REASONS FOR APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE
Councillors approved Cllr T Cliffe-Harrison reason for absence.
Proposed Cllr A Beaney Seconded Cllr J Reid

2. DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY AND SIGNIFICANT INTEREST
Declarations of Pecuniary Interest
There were no Declarations of Pecuniary Interest.
Declarations of Significant Interest.
There were no Declarations of Significant Interest.
Updating of Declarations of Interest for the Code of Conduct
Councillors are reminded that they should update their Declarations of Interest with
the Monitoring Officer if necessary.
Councillors are also reminded of their common-law responsibilities with regard
to pre-determination and fettering of discretion in relation to agenda items.

3. ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 14th November 2019 were accepted and it was unanimously
agreed that Cllr P Sillibourne should sign them.

Proposed Cllr M Pepper Seconded Cllr J Reid

4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
Sewage challenges & Car Park Surface.

5. CORRESPONDENCE, FINANCE AND OTHER COUNCIL BUSINESS

Precept
It was agreed that the precept to increase by £500 to £10,500.
Proposed Cllr M Pepper Seconded Cllr J Reid
Expenses
To be reimbursed to Cllr P Sillibourne of £18.50 (British Legion Wreath) & £55.10 (Temporary Clerks Wages)
Proposed Cllr A Beaney Seconded Cllr M Pepper
Banking
Bank Signatories to be sent off to Lloyds Bank by the Clerk.
Finance
The new Clerk to get access to the bank statements and update the account.
Contract of Employment
Contract of Employment for the new Clerk to be completed and signed.

Page 002

6. CO-OPTION
The need of another Councillor was discussed with a recommendation of Mr D Archer.

7. PLANNING
Discussion and Decision on action to be taken on any other matters related to Planning
issues within the Parish
There were no current Planning Applications

8. MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
There were no members of the Public present.

9. CARTERS FIELD
The car park has been too wet to make repairs to the surface so volunteers will wait for better weather.

10. HIGHWAYS
The Badger hole and verge has been dealt with since the last parish Meeting. A Highway Improvement Plan was submitted to ABC.

11. BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORT
Several BGR residents have been in contact because the Southern Water Customer Case office, Oliver Eley is being moved on to a different role. No contact name for a successor has been supplied. I have written to Kelly Robinson who is County Customer Manager for Kent. I have just sent a reminder email as I’ve had no response to the first. Residents have also reported that the direct line telephone number supplied to report flooding issues in BGR is being discontinued. I have asked SW to explain what their proposed system will be to support BGR residents going forward. Judith Hunt and Susan Cranfield have both been in contact.

I have met with a couple of BGR residents to discuss the drainage issues. We need to bring together all parties to address this issue which has gone on for far too long. My main contact with Southern Water is at a senior level and via a meeting held in ABC to which I am invited. I attended my first meeting in October. The next one is scheduled mid January.

We need to survey the entire length of BGR to map where the ditches have been filled in or paved over. Who needs to rectify that will depend on who owns the land. I would like the help of the PC to organise a survey ourselves in 2020. We can do it ourselves visually by just walking along the road and collating photographic evidence. I have written to Mike Angel to request a map of all verges owned by KCC for reference. We may be able to use this information to put pressure on KCC.

Mr Lindsey in Ash Hill is going to Appeal on his application.

Answers were given at the meeting why Notices of Meeting were not put in place on the PC Notice Boards in BGR and in Ruckinge village. A new Clerk has now been employed and will ensure that the minutes and the agenda are available. The website is being reviewed but I think a temporary solution has been found to updating it.

12. ITEMS OF INTEREST
Bridle Gate information was given to Cllr A Beaney.

13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Thursday 13th February 2020 at Ruckinge Village Hall

14. ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA
VE Day
Defibrillator Update
Internet Banking
Highways Improvement Plan

15. FORUM FOR EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION BETWEEN COUNCILLORS

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.26pm

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s