Home > 2018, About, Meeting Minutes > Meeting Minutes – May 2018

Meeting Minutes – May 2018

 

Annual Meeting of the Parish Council, 10th May 2018 at 8 p.m. in Ruckinge Village Hall.
Present: Cllr. S. Denis in the chair, Cllrs. D. Guy, A. Beaney, P. Silliboune, Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison.                     .
In attendance: One member of the public.                        .
Apologies: Mrs. M. Shaw (Clerk to the Council).
Election of Chairman: Cllr. S. Denis was proposed as Chairman by Cllr. P. Sillibourne, seconded by Cllr. A. Beaney, there being no other nominations Cllr. Denis was duly elected as Chairman. He duly signed his “Declaration of Acceptance of Office”.
Election of Vice-Chairman: Cllr. D. Guy was proposed by Cllr. S. Denis, seconded by Cllr. Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison. There being no other nominations, Cllr. D. Guy elected as Vice-Chairman.
Appointment of Representative: K.A.L.C. Ashford Area committee – it was agreed to continue membership. Representatives to be appointed on an ad-hoc basis for the bi-monthly meetings in Ashford.
Declarations: Cllr. Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison – Montane 18/00609/AS.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meetings had been circulated, and resolved as a correct record.
Matters Arising: Sewage problems, Bromley Green Road – these are still on-going. Cllr. S. Denis reported on the recent Bromley Green Residents Association meeting that construction of a larger holding tank at the pumping station is being discussed, no decisions have been made. Tankers will still likely to be a regular feature during periods of heavy rain..
Correspondence:
  • Clerks & Councils Direct
  • Kent Air Ambulance
  • K.A.L.C.
  • Citizen Advice
  • Inspiring Generations
Co-option: A gentleman was suggested, but until he has received all his documentation pertaining to the Code of Conduct etc., etc. he cannot be officially co-opted onto the Council or participate at any Parish Council meeting or in any business or discussions.
Finance: The Annual Governance Statement was completed and signed.
The Accounting Statements for 2018/2018 were confirmed as correct and signed.
Certificate of Exemption was signed.
The Financial Statement for year ending 31st March 2018 was circulated and approved.Treasurers account as at 31st March 2018 £ 15,053 – 64Income received:
VAT repayment £ 1,018 – 64

  • Cheques were drawn:-

S. Fuller, Tarmacing, Village Hall £ 4,032 00
A. Beaney (Village Hall Sign, Medash Signs) £ 72 – 00
S. M. Sillibourne, Mowing, Carters Field £101 – 26
S. Denis, Web site £ 19 – 19
S. M. Sillibourne, spray, Carters Field £ 36 – 00
BNIB, Parish Council combined insurances , £ 444 – 29

Planning: 18/00606/AS 1 Dimon Villas, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge Creation of track and gate for ease of access to field (retrospective).The application was objected to.

18/00499/AS Silver Birches Caravan Site, Capel Road, Ruckinge. Variation of condition 2 on planning permission reference 12/00044/AS to allow total number of caravans sited to be increased by 3(from 27 to 30). The application was supported

18/00609/AS Montane Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Side/rear extensions ; front porch; dormers to front and rear elevations.The application was supported.

Approvals received:-

18/ 00409/AS Longacres, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Proposed conversion of and alteration to existing garage to provide ancillary annexe accommodation

17/00246/AS Dei Gratia, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Variation of condition 9 of planning permission 17/00246/AS to alter design of approved garage.

Carters Field: Ragwort will be sprayed when ready, and road planeings are to be donated.

Dog training as discussed, it was agreed that a contribution of £ 50 would be required from the Dog Training Company. Cllr. S. Denis to contact Mark Nash to communicate the decision.

It was agreed that the vandalized picnic bench plaques be replaced.

The condition of the car park is to be monitored as it has been reported by the Bromley Green Residents Association that H.G.V’s are using the car park as a turning area.

Bromley Green Hall: Southern Water donations still not received by the Bromley Green Residents Association.

The Association are looking at siting a storage container adjacent to the hall to provide storage for chairs and tables.

Highways & Byways: Cllr. A. Beaney reported drain covers to be unblocked and pot-holes to be filled.
Village Hall: Defibrillator – no further update on the Table Tennis Club suggestion, but Cllr. D. Guy reported that Hamstreet are installing one at their Sports Pavilion.

Wi-fi – no further update. This is a matter for the Village Hall Management Committee.

Telephone Kiosk – this will be removed by September 2018

Village Hall sign – this has been installed, with thanks to Cllr. A Beaney

Borough Councillor: No report.
Items of interest: Cllr. S. Denis to update web-site with ABC Planning Inspectorate documentation.
Date of the Next Meeting: Thursday, 14th June 2018 at 8 p.m. in Bromley Green Hall.

 

Advertisements
Categories: 2018, About, Meeting Minutes
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: