Home > 2016, Meeting Minutes > Meeting Minutes – May 2017

Meeting Minutes – May 2017

 

 

Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday,  Thursday, 11th May 2017 at  8 p.m. in Ruckinge Village Hall.
Present: Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair,  Cllrs.  D. Guy,  P. Sillibourne,  A. Beaney, Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison and the Clerk, Mrs.  M. Shaw.
Apologies: Cllrs. Mrs. F. Burt and Mrs. M. Hills .
Election of Chairman: Cllr.  S. Denis was proposed by Cllr.  Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison, seconded by Cllr. A.Beaney there being no  other nominations Cllr. Denis duly elected, signed his “Declaration of Acceptance of  Office”.
Election of Vice-Chairman: Cllr. D. Guy was proposed as Vice-Chairman by Cllr. Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison, seconded by Cllr. A. Beaney and unanimously agreed.
Parish Forum Representative/s: To be agreed when notification received.
K.A.P.C: It was proposed by Cllr. D. Guy to continue membership, seconded by Cllr. Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison and agreed. Representatives to be agreed upon meeting notifications.
Declarations: There were none.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated, these were resolved as a correct record.
Matters Arising: Sewage problems, Bromley Green Road –  nothing further.  Substantial rainfall is required to test the system.

Ashford Borough Council, Litter and Dog bin survey – nothing further.

Correspondence: Clerks and Councils Direct.
Finance:

Treasurers Account as at   30th April  2017   £  15,626 – 37.
The following documents had been circulated and were approved:-

  • Internal Governance Report
  • Risk Assessment
  • Assets Register

Annual Audit Return, Section 1,  the “Annual Governance Statement” was completed by the Council and signed by the Chairman.

The Financial Statement had circulated prior to the meeting and was approved, subject to Audit, proposed by Cllr. P. Sillibourne, seconded by Cllr. D. Guy, This and the Account Book were signed by the Chairman.

The Annual Audit Return, section 2, “Accounting Statements” was accepted as correct by the  Council, proposed by Cllr. P. Sillibourne, seconded by Cllr. D. Guy and this was duly signed by the chairman.

Cheques were drawn:-
K.A.L.C     Subscription    £ 259 – 52 + VA.T.  £ 51 – 90 Total due  £ 311 – 42

Combined insurances £452 – 58 + Government tax  £ 54 – 31 Total due  £ 506 – 89

Planning:

Approvals received:-

17/00324/AS   Blue Anchor, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge.  Change of use and conversion of part of ground floor from office to  residential flat and associated garden and parking.

17/00246/AS  Dei Gratia, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Proposed replacement dwelling including detached garage.

The Planning application for Meadow View Industrial Estate is on the Ashford Borough Council Planning Committee agenda for next Wednesday.

Fairview Industrial Estate: Nothing further.  Update awaited from the Enforcement Officer, Tony Jarvis.
Carters Field:

The securing of the new picnic tables was discussed and the locations for these agreed.

Cllr. P. Sillibourne has regularly watered the newly planted trees, it was suggested that the  “woodland”  should be delinated for walkers to be aware of with
possibly a sign indicating its purpose etc.

The suggestion of a “Friends of Carters Field” will be deferred until the next meeting.

Cherry Tree Paddock: Nothing further.
Highways & Byways:

“Speeding Signs etc. ” –  after considerable discussion the Speed reduction plans in conjunction with Bilsington were agreed to be shelved due to the legal complications with the land-owners “Deed of Easement”. The Chairman will compose a letter to the Chairman of Bilsington.

Dimon Hill access –  nothing further.  Abi Close of Ashford Borough Council to be reminded.

Obstructed PROW – nothing further.

Village Hall:

Three quotations have been received for the new heating boiler, these were discussed and it was agreed to accept the one from M.S. Ealham  in the sum of £ 3,330 – 00 inclusive of V.A.T.   Cllr. S. Denis proposed that the Parish Council fund the purchase, seconded by Cllr. A.  Beaney.  Cllr. Beaney to organise with the Contractor.

Village Protection Plan: Nothing further at the present time. £500 has been received from Cllr. Miss J. Martin.    Cllr. Mrs. T. Cliffe-Harrison will contact Cllr. Martin and encourage her attendance at the next meeting.
Footpath Warden: Nothing further.
Items of Interest: Quad Bikes are off-roading along Hog Tub – P.C.S.O. to be informed..
Date of the Next Meeting: Agreed for Thursday, 15th June 2017, at  7.30 p.m.  in Ruckinge Village Hall

There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.25 p.m.

Advertisements
Categories: 2016, Meeting Minutes
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: