|Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 14th July 2016 at 8.00 p.m. in Ruckinge Village Hall.|
|Present:||Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, Cllrs. P. Sillibourne, D. Guy, A. Beaney, Mrs F. Burt, Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison, and the Clerk, Mrs M. Shaw.|
|In Attendance:||Dr. C. Gove (Tree Warden and Pond Warden)|
|Absent:||Cllrs. Mrs M. Hills|
|Declarations:||There were none.|
|Minutes:||The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated, these were resolved as a correct record, proposed by Cllr. A. Beaney, seconded by Cllr. D. Guy and agreed.|
|Matters Arising:||Sewage problems, Bromley Green Road: It was reported that the contractors are installing the last “pod”. It was reported that the contractors still have remedial works to do, the site was cleared at the beginning July.|
|Tree/Pond Warden:||Dr. Chris Gove attended and gave a comprehensive report of his work in both capacities.|
|Correspondence:||Clerks and Councils Direct.
A.B.C. Local Plan
A.B.C. Electoral Review of Ashford
Treasurers Account as at 30th June 2016 £ 16,188-71
Cheque drawn between meetings:-
16/0974/AS Carter Farm, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge. Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural development being the erection of a proposed barn. The application was supported.
16/00883/AS Golden Wood Farm, Brisley Lane, Ruckinge. Prior approval for change of use from agricultural building to one dwelling house and associated operational development. The Parish Council made no comment.
Cherrytree Paddock – letter received from A.B.C. Planning dept. was circulated – nothing further on the Appeal.
The Picnic Tables had arrived and are located in Carter Field. It was agreed that the field needs mowing again, The position of the tables should not obstruct the mowing. This area will need to be strimmed, several councillors volunteered to keep this presentable.
Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison will contact RoSPA to carry out the Play equipment inspection.
|B.G. Hall:||Nothing further It was agreed that the Chairman be invited to attend the next meeting.|
|Highways & Byways:||
Cllr. A. Beaney will contact Mr Darren Anderson directly to arrange a meeting to discuss highways matters.
There are numerous overgrown hedges in the village which are causing serious hazards to vehicles. It was agreed after considerable discussion to send letters to the offending property owners.
|Village Hall:||The Parish Council Chairman attended their A.G.M. on Wednesday, 15th June and reported thereon. It has a core committee who are “up and running” the hall at present. An existing committee member is willing to be Chairman if a replacement for the position of Treasurer is found. They are solvent at the present time, it was understood that they had had an exorbitant water account and the Chairman will write to their Chairman advising that this should be investigated.|
|Footpath Warden:||Although invited nothing heard from him – it as agreed that Cllr. P. Sillibourne will ascertain if he wishes to continue as Warden.|
|Items of Interest:||Concern was expressed at the “creation” of an entrance to the field at the bottom of Dimon Hill – Planning officer to be advised.|
|Date of the Next Meeting:||This was agreed for Thursday, 8th September 2016 at 8.00 p.m. in Bromley Green Hall.
There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.35 p.m.