|Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 14th November 2013 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
||Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, Cllrs. P. Sillibourne, A. Beaney, Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison and the Clerk, Mrs M. Shaw.
||One member of the Public.
||Cllrs. D. Guy, Mrs F. Burt and Mrs A. Tanton.
|Declarations of Interest:
||There were none.
||The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated, these were resolved as a correct record, proposed by Cllr. A. Beaney, seconded by Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison.
||Sewage problems along Bromley Green Road – nothing further.The meeting was closed at 8.05 p.m.to allow discussion on the Flag Pole.The cost of the flag pole requisites will be in the region of £ 40 and are to be ordered by Mr Chaplin. The Finial on the top may require specialist renovation.Mr Chaplin was thanked all his work towards this and for raising the flag since 2001.The meeting reconvened at 8.15 p.m.
- Parish Forum notes and agendas
- Water Resources update and 2014 – 2030
||Treasurers Account £11,335-02Budget for 2014/2015.Following discussion, it was resolved to Precept for £9,000, proposed by Cllr. P Sillibourne, seconded by Cllr. A. Beaney. Specific items of expenditure to be discussed at the next meeting. Allowance for Carters Field and mowing of the Churchyard increased to £1,000.Cheques to be drawn:-
- Mrs M. Shaw, Clerks Salary 1st October to 31st December 2013 £675–00 less P.A.Y.E. £135–00 Total due £540–00.
- Administration expenses (as above) £151–84.
- H.M.R.C. P.A.Y.E (as above) £135–00.
- K.A.L.C. Parish Councils Explained Book £42– 0 + V.A.T. 48 p Total £42–88.
- K & S Accountancy, Payroll services £75–60 + V.A.T. £15-12 Total £90–72.
- 13/00897/AS Brisley Farm Buildings, Brisley Lane, Ruckinge.Proposed agricultural storage barn and lean-to. The application was supported.
- 13/01277/AS The Oaks, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Erection of a detached building to form an annex (resubmission to application 13/01068/AS). The application was objected to.
- 13/01276/AS Costa cottage, Bromley Green Road, Ruckinge. Change of use of land to garden, relocation of oil tank to inside the fenced garden and relocation of garden shed (retrospective). The application was objected to.
- 13/1293/AS Munn Cottage, Marsh Road, Ruckinge. Erection of a two storey side extension with dormer window to front, front porch, conservatory and replacement windows to existing house. This was supported subject to inspection of the plans.
|Millennium Sign and Flag Pole:
||Cllr. P. Sillibourne detailed the erection of the Flag Pole and the base for Sign, he was sincerely thanked for all his work on this.The visibility of the sign and flag pole would be enhanced if the fir trees at “Radnor” are trimmed back.The Chairman had contacted Mr Stiles again about the sign and it was hoped to be progressed the next weekend.
|Carters Field/Fields in Trust:
||The materials for the mounting cairn have been donated by Ashford Demolition. Building the cairn will cost in the region of £ 200, a base needs laying and leaving to cure. It was agreed to accept Cllr. Mrs J. Martins offer to finance part of this project.
|Bromley Green Hall:
||An Open Day had been held at Bromley Green Hall and more people than expected attended who knew nothing about the Residents Association, a raffle was held, tea and cakes provided, plus donations and just under £ 300 was raised. More volunteers came forward for the Association.With the close proximity to Carters Field it was agreed to discuss the co-operation between the two facilities at the next meeting.
|Highways & Byways:
||Nothing further regarding the provision of “red tarmac” at the entrance to the village. Pot-holes are slowly being repaired, others need reporting.
||The “log-ins” are increasing. The contents of the site on the Home Page should be for items of general interest to members of the public with links to the Parish Council and Bromley Green Residents Association, who are intending to have their own website.
|Village Hall Deeds:
||This is being pursued by Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison..
|Date of the Next Meeting:
||The next meeting of the Parish Council was agreed for Thursday, 13th February 2014 at 8 p.m in the Village Hall.There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9:40p.m.