Home > 2013, Meeting Minutes > Meeting Minutes – May 2013

Meeting Minutes – May 2013

Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 9th May 2013 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
Present: Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, D. Guy, Cllr. A. Beaney, Cllr. P. Sillibourne, Cllr. Mrs F Burt, Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison, Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and the Clerk, Mrs M. C. Shaw.
In attendance: Mrs J. Martin and W. Howard Esq., (Borough Councillors)
Election of Chairman: Cllr. S. Denis was proposed by Cllr. D. Guy, seconded by Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe Harrison. There being no other nominations Cllr. Denis was unanimously elected as Chairman.Cllr. Denis duly signed his “Declaration of Acceptance of Office”, this was countersigned by the Proper Officer of the Council.
Election of Vice-Chairman: Cllr. D. Guy was proposed by Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe Harrison, seconded by Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton. There were no other nominations.  Cllr. Guy duly elected as Vice-Chairman.
Declarations of Interest: There were none.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated,   Cllr. S. Denis asked that under the website questionnaire on the Snave Wind Farm the responses should be stated as 24 against and 4 for in favour, these were then proposed as a correct record by Cllr. A. Beaney, seconded by Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and unanimously agreed and duly signed by the Chairman, Cllr. Denis.
Matters Arising: Sewage problems along Bromley Green Road – Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton was unaware of any survey taking place between 7th – 9th May.  She will investigate the matter.
 Correspondence:
  • Clerk and Councils Direct
  • Environment Agency
Finance: Treasurers Account  £4,812–96.Cllr. A. Beaney proposed the approval of the following documents which had been circulated, seconded by Cllr. Mrs F. Burt and unanimously agreed that the chairman sign them as correct:-

Audit Commission, the Annual Audit Return was duly completed by the Council.

Statement of Internal Control.

Financial Statement.

Risk Assessment.

Assets Register.

Cheques were approved and drawn:K.A.L.C. Subscription  £237-78 + V.A.T. £47-56  Total £285-34

Aon Insurance, Combined insurances, £476-50

Kent & Sussex Accountancy Services, P.A.Y.E. Payroll accounting 2012/2013 £96-00 plus V.A.T. £19-20 Total £115–20

Green Lanes Environmental Action Movement – it was proposed by Cllr. Mrs T Cliffe-Harrison and seconded by Cllr. A. Beaney to continue membership and unanimously agreed.  GLEAM subscription, £15-00

Planning: 13/00428/AS  Mr B. Boothroyd, Rosemary Cottage, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge. Erection of a single storey side extension. The application was supported.13/00457/AS  Mr & Mrs Howison, Mill House, Marsh Road, Ruckinge. Replacement side extension, fitting of external cladding and replacement garage/workshop. The application was supported.Cllr. D. Guy had attended the Planning Committee meeting where Hop Dog Oast was discussed and approved. He considered that the representations objecting from the Parish Council, which were also backed up by the Borough Councillor, appeared to have been completely ignored and dismissed.

Cllr. D. Guy had written to the Planning Officer expressing the Parish Councils concern. It was agreed that an explanation as to why the application was supported by the Officers prior to the Planning Committee meeting be given.

Millennium Sign and Flag Pole: Mrs F. Cross had informed the Chairman that the next PCC meeting would be on 3rd June and that they are formulating a plan for the siting of these.The Memorial discussed several years ago still has not been erected inside the Church. Cllr. P. Sillibourne would follow this up.
Carters Field: It was agreed to prioritise the trees and the fencing. The gates have been measured and will fit.  It was agreed that a working party would address these matters.  It was proposed by Cllr. Mrs F. Burt, seconded by Cllr. D. Guy that a Dog Waste Bin is ordered and unanimously agreed.It was suggested that Messrs. Gibbs and Son be asked to quote for mowing of the field. It was mentioned that Ragwort is growing, this needs spraying and they could be asked about this as well.Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison is vigorously “chasing” Lloyds Bank for the Deeds of Carters Field.
Fields In Trust: This is progressing.  The “Deed of Dedication” has been signed by the Chairman and Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and is now being registered and signed by “Fields in Trust”.  Various funding is available from “Fields in Trust”, Cllr.  Mrs A. Tanton will investigate and discuss with the sub-committee.A plaque will be donated by “Fields In Trust” and agreed that there should be a ceremony to celebrate the event.It was agreed that the name of the field should be “Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Carters Field”.
Silver Birches: Nothing further. However, this is being monitored by residents, Tarmac has been laid, noise and rubbish are of concern and there are sewage issues which have been brought to the Environment Agency attention.  The site is regularly being inspected by A.B.C.
Snave Wind Farm: Nothing further.
Highways & Byways: More pot-holes have been patched, Bromley Green Road is still bad in places.  There does not appear to be any logic in the patching, although it is understood that basic patching is done prior to road resurfacing in some instances.It was agreed that a request be made for Winter Restriction orders to be placed on Public Rights of Ways AE550. AE563, AE566, AE576, AE576 and AE578.
Web site: It was agreed to include the Village Hall report on the site.  Councillors are to consider what they want the site to contain.
Borough Councillor: Cllr. W. Howard gave further details of the new Borough recycling scheme which begins on 1st July. All households will receive a leaflet explaining the changes.  Many households had taken up the Garden Waste scheme.
Any Other Business: It was suggested that there should be electronic management of the Councils Assets.It was unanimously agreed that the Minutes should continue to be written into a Minute Book.  A new one is to be ordered.

The Clerk now has possession of the old Minute Books.

Date of the Next Meeting: The next meeting of the Parish Council was agreed for  Thursday, 13th June 2013 at 8 p.m. in the Village Hall.There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.50 p.m.
Advertisements
Categories: 2013, Meeting Minutes
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: