Home > 2013, Meeting Minutes > Meeting Minutes – March 2013

Meeting Minutes – March 2013

Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 14th March 2013 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
Present: Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, Cllr. A. Beaney, Cllr. D. Guy, Cllr. P. Sillibourne, Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison, Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and the Clerk, Mrs M. C. Shaw.
Apologies: Cllr. Mrs F Burt. Members were saddened to learn of the death of Mrs Burt’s husband and sent their sincere condolences to her.
In attendance: Cllr. W. Howard, Borough Councillor
Declarations of Interest: Cllr. A. Beaney on Village Hall and Snave Wind Farm.
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated, these were proposed as a correct record by Cllr. A. Beaney, seconded by Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and unanimously agreed and duly signed by the Chairman, Cllr. S. Denis.
Matters Arising: Overgrown Hedges – there is only one remaining hedge requiring attention – Chairman will follow up.
Sewage problems along Bromley Green Road – Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton had been met by Christine Thomas-Snell from Southern Water Customers Services.  Southern Water need formal approval fore their Contractors will be able to investigate the required work.
Fly-tipping – more had been dumped at Carters Field.
Emergency Planning – Cllr W. Howard gave brief details of this, which could give details of contacts for the Village Halls, who has chain saws etc., etc.
Villages Oil buying scheme – the idea of a flyer could be considered in September.
Fire Hydrants – the Clerk had circulated the details of the locations.
 Correspondence:
  • Clerks & Councils Direct
  • Parish Forum, Chairman’s report
  • KALC Ashford Area Committee minutes & agenda, meeting 20th March 2013
Finance: Treasurers Account  £6,149.14
Cheques were approved and drawn:-Mrs M. Shaw, Clerks Salary 1st January 2013 to 31st March 2013 £512–20
HMRC PAYE 1st January 2013 to 31st March 2013  £127–80
Mrs M. Shaw, Administration expenses £113–65
Kent & Sussex Accountancy Services, Payroll services £30 + VAT £6 total  £36–00Donations – the Bromley Green Residents Association Financial Statement was discussed, new members are required and at the proposed meeting to discuss the sewage problems with Southern Water it was hoped that volunteers would come forward.  It was agreed that a representative/s be invited, as usual, to attend the Parish Meeting in May.Cllr. A. Beaney explained the finances of Ruckinge Village Hall, it was agreed that a Grant be applied for from Ashford Borough Council.It was proposed by Cllr. P. Sillibourne, seconded by Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison to donate £750 to each hall.

Cheques drawn accordingly – Ruckinge Village Hall  £750

Bromley Green Residents Association £750

Planning: 13/00160/AS  Mr Andy Metland, Canal Farm, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge.Conservatory rear extension. The application was supported.
Approval received:
13/00048/AS   Mr M. Rawling, Scutari, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge. Demolition of existing house and construction of replacement new dwelling and detached garage/car port building.
Millennium Sign and Flag Pole: Nothing further.  The Millennium sign will be renovated as soon as possible.
Carters Field: Letter from Mr R. Knights Agent, Graham Boulden, formally giving notice of ceasing the grazing as of the 31st March 2013. Clerk to acknowledge Mr Bouldens letter, and a short letter of thanks to Mr R. Knight.
An audit of the field needs to take place to assess what is required, fencing, mowing etc.  Thanks were expressed to the sub-committee and it was agreed that this committee continues.  Terms of reference to be discussed in due course.  Parishioners are to be updated via the Parish Magazine and the web-site.
Fields In Trust: A copy of The Deed of Dedication had been forwarded to N.A.L.C. via K.A.L.C for Legal advice.
Silver Birches: Nothing further.
Snave Wind Farm: A Public Meeting will be held at Newchurch on 21st March 2013. A letter had been received from A.B.C who had received an informal enquiry regarding this, the Clerk had responded that the Parish Council had discussed this at their previous meeting with parishioners present and had had a “poll” on their web-site and this proposal was objected to.
Highways & Byways: AE550 – this is now not accessible even for farm vehicles due to four-wheel drive making seriously deep ruts.  The Police do have a specialist squad that follow up these complaints. It was suggested that it is requested that this be declassified from BOAT to a Byway, however, it was understood that BOATS no longer exist. Cllr Mrs A. Tanton will investigate further.
Cllr. D. Guy raised these problems at the recent Police Commissioners meeting.
Numerous pot-holes had been reported – some had been repaired but not too well. The one opposite Carter Farm has been reported on numerous occasions and has caused severe damage to some vehicles.
Web site: The “hits” are continuing to increase.  More information features are being added..
Borough Councillor: Cllr. W. Howard had already addressed items of interest to the Parish Council. Recycling facilities were discussed and more details would be obtained.  It was understood that this would continue until 2015.An election would be held for the vacant Borough Councillor seat due to the sudden death of Cllr. Peter Wood, in the meantime Cllr. Howard would assist with any matters. The Chairman extended the Councils condolences to the Borough Council and Cllr. Woods family.
Any Other Business: The Historical Society had changed its name to the Heritage Society had asked if they could be the Custodian of the Parish artifacts, further information is required.  The Chairman will contact their Chairman.
Letter from Catherine Hughes and Associates regarding the Hop Dog Oast planning application, this was read to the meeting and was noted.
Date of the Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was agreed for Thursday, 11th April 2013 at 8 p.m. in the Village Hall. There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9:55p.m.
Advertisements
Categories: 2013, Meeting Minutes
  1. Ma X
    12 April 2013 at 1:24 PM

    Good morning

    Seeing your message reminded me of meeting re Cater’s Field. I am truly sorry for missing as we were all keen to come along. I hope it was positive to keeping the field and hall. We are very keen to keep the facilities and would love to help out?

    Regards Maxine

    Sent from my iPad

    • 12 April 2013 at 2:05 PM

      Yes, we are proceeding with the Deed of Dedication for Carters Field; the initiative has received unanimous support. We will be looking for volunteers to help manage and look after it…..more details after our regular PC next month.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: