Home > 2012, Meeting Minutes > Meeting Minutes – June 2012

Meeting Minutes – June 2012

Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 14th June 2012 at 8pm in the Village Hall.
Present: Cllr. S. Denis in the Chair, Cllr. D. Guy, Cllr. P. Sillibourne, Cllr. Mrs F. Burt, Cllr. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison, Cllr. Mrs A. Tanton and the Clerk, Mrs M. C. Shaw.
In Attendance: Cllr. W. Howard (Borough Councillor.)
Apologies: Cllr. A. Beaney.Prior to the meeting commencing the Chairman proposed a “Vote of Thanks” to Cllr. A. Beaney for all his years as Vice-Chairman, which was unanimously supported by all present.
Declarations of Interest: None
Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated, these were proposed as a correct record by Cllr. D. Guy, seconded by Cllr. Mrs F. Burt and unanimously agreed and duly signed by the Chairman, Cllr. S. Denis.
Matters Arising: Costa Cottage, Tree felling– nothing further from A.B.C. Cllr. W. Howard will investigate further.Millennium Sign and Flag Pole – Cllr. P. Sillibourne and Cllr. D. Guy had met to remove these and were fortunate to have had spontaneous help from Parishioners for their removal.  It was discovered that the outer framework of the sign is rotting and needs repair/replacement.  Cllr. P. Sillibourne will make enquiries regarding repairs to this.  Cllr. S. Denis was willing to speak to Mr K. Catchpole regarding the location of the Millennium Sign and the Flag Pole.
 Correspondence: K.A.L.C.  Notice and AgendaK.C.C.Kent Minerals and Waste Local PlanCPRE The Planning Update

Littlethorpe Bus Shelters  Audit Commission, Appointment of External Auditor 2012/2013

A.B.C. Diamond Jubilee Civic Awards

Romney Marsh and its Nuclear HeritageTown & Village Green Road show

Finance: Treasurers Account  £5,204-32The Annual Audit Return had been submitted following the Internal Audit.

Letter of thanks to Mrs C. McNaughton for being the Internal Auditor was signed by the Chairman.

It was agreed that the expenses incurred for the Queens Diamond Jubilee Celebrations be paid.Cheques were drawn:-Mr & Mrs S. Cross,  Jubilee Expenses £134-18Mrs A. Tanton, Jubilee expenses £18-22

Planning: 12/00533/AS  Aldworth, Bromley Green Road, RuckingeSingle Storey front extension to for annex and single storey side extension. The application was supported.12/00548/AS Meadow View Industrial Estate, Hamstreet Road, Ruckinge. Installation of 199 ground mounted solar panels. The application was supported with comments on the screening being with non-poisonous species.
Carters Field: Cllr. S. Denis would like more details on the history of Carters Field. It was known that it is not currently registered.  In order that this can be Registered in the Parish Councils name fuller details are needed.  Cllr. P. Sillibourne will bring more details to the next meeting.  It was agreed that a sub-committee of Cllrs. Mrs T. Cliffe-Harrison, Mrs A. Tanton and D. Guy be formed to follow this up.
Playground Equipment: Cllr. P Sillibourne had received an email from A.B.C. saying that the grant is available for the remedial work.  The slide has not been dismantled yet. It was agreed that an official letter be sent to Specialised Welding confirming these repairs.
Highways & Byways: Cllr. D. Guy had thanked County Cllr. M. Angell for the work done by K.C.C. on Hog Tub.The water leak is still outside The Stacks and another outside the Blue Anchor.
Bromley Green Notice Board: The appropriate license form was completed and will be submitted to K.C.C.
Queens Jubilee: The application for a Community Grant had been sent to A.B.C.but nothing had yet been heard. A copy of the application was given to Cllr. W. Howard.The event had been a wonderful success and it was agreed that Stuart and Fran Cross and Cllr. A. Tanton be thanked for their spectacular efforts, and everyone involved in the day.  The Beacon at Horton Green and fireworks organised by Cllr. P. Sillibourne made a marvellous climax to the celebrations.

Cllr. P. Sillibourne had received a donation of £ 20 in cash, it was unanimously agreed that he should retain this as reimbursement for the Fireworks and Beacon expenses.

Following on from this event Mr Pip Collick volunteered to build a Firework Bonfire. Further consideration of this to take place.  Insurance Company to be asked regarding the insurance implications and costs.

Web site: There have been several hundred hits on the site. The amount of personal information on Councillors was discussed. Cllr. A. Tanton will assist with the editing.   It had been suggested that advertisements could be on the site. It was agreed that at the present time this should only be for Parish Council or related items. It was proposed that photographs of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations should appear as a slide-show.  .
Borough Councillors Report: Cllr. W. Howard gave full details of the arrangements for spectators of the Olympic Torch relay on 18th July which would be passing through Hamstreet at 10.30 a.m. and then going onto Ashford.Cllr. Howard gave an update on Silver Birches Caravan Park, regular visits are made by the Planning Officers, both planned, and unplanned, including those in response to call–outs.It was understood that an appeal has been lodged against the recent refusal by A.B.C.The Gypsy and Travellers Task Group will be reporting to the Cabinet in September.He reminded Councillors that there are Grants available from the “Ward Member” Grants and it was suggested that an application be made for the repairs to the Millennium Sign and re-siting of this and the Flag Pole, the minimum grant being  £250.
Any Other Business: A “Thank You” letter is to be sent to Mr R. Greenfield for mowing the Children’s Play area at Carters Field and for  carrying out the repairs to the Parish Council Notice Board at Bromley Green Road.Cllr. P. Sillibourne informed Councillors of the Jubilee Diamonds Tree Scheme.It was agreed to invite the Tree Warden to attend a meeting.The meeting held at Bromley Green Hall had been very informative to the councillors who had attended.

The Carters Field car park does require more planeings, Cllr. Beaney to be asked about obtaining these.

There could possibly be a Ceremonial open of the “Local Needs” Housing scheme – Clerk to make enquiries.

Date of the Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was agreed for Thursday, 12th July 2012 at 8 p.m. in the Village Hall.There being no further business the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.50 p.m.
Advertisements
Categories: 2012, Meeting Minutes Tags:
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: